The Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania is accepting applications for Bioethics Boot Camp, a three-week intensive introduction to bioethics, held at Penn on June 4-23, 2017.
Bioethics Boot Camp is designed for graduate students in philosophy, political theory, law and the social sciences.
At Bioethics Boot Camp, students
- Attend lectures by philosophers, social scientists, lawyers, physicians and medical researchers giving an overview of the interdisciplinary field of bioethics
- Have seminars exploring specific bioethics issues in depth
- Go on rounds in the hospital
- Get practical advice about publishing bioethics papers and pursuing a career in bioethics
- Are paired with a faculty mentor, who helps the student develop a bioethics research topic and write a publishable bioethics paper
Boot Camp participants will receive a $4,000 stipend & lodging at Penn.
To apply, please send a one-page statement of interest, one letter of recommendation, a short writing sample (<10 pages), and a CV to Caitlin O’Neill, Administrative Coordinator, at . Applications due January 2, 2017.
Bioethics Boot Camp is funded by the Greenwall Foundation.